Monday 3 June 2013

It's just an iPad, so chill!

I heard the shattering of glass and simultaneously saw my iPad flat faced on the floor. That was when I screamed. Okay, I did not exactly scream but placed my hands on my head and let out a small (maybe not so small) gasp.

It was my dad's birthday and I brought out my iPad to take pictures. I removed it from the case because the iPad case is a little to big and it sometimes covers the camera. I handed it over to someone to take pictures and the next thing I know it's on the floor. The person left it on the chair, wanted to stand up and accidentally the iPad slipped off the chair. Since I removed the case earlier it made the shattering process easier.

So this post is not exactly about my iPad but how we deal when something bad or unpleasant happens to us. I still have a lot to learn about not letting little things upset me and helpful tips are welcome.

In a split second everything changed. Bubbly, hyper me became quiet, morose and unhappy. We had not yet taken pictures and this happened? Perhaps I should mention here that my acting skill is very poor even though I belong to a dance and drama CD group. One look at me and you could tell I was very unhappy by this incident. Different thoughts ran through my head. "If only I had not removed the case...if only this, if only that"....Not even thoughts of "it's just an iPad; thank God you even have an iPad in the first place; there are a million things worse than a shattered iPad;  thank God for life; all things work together for good, etc. made me feel better.

Don't misunderstand me. I believe all things work together for good, I thank God for life, etc. but those thoughts did not instantly erase those feelings. I still felt bad.

We eventually took pictures and I had to manufacture smiles and happy faces. It wasn't too hard to do as I was happy about the celebration and actually grateful to God but I just couldn't get the iPad out of my mind, no matter how hard I tried.

After the photo session, I went to sleep sharply even though I had not eaten o (after all the cooking wahala...smh for me). This brings me to the point of this write up. Whenever I am upset I just go to sleep and hopefully when I wake I feel better. I slept and slept.

Even when my phone was stolen sometime back, you can guess what I did when I got home. I SLEPT!

Am I alone on this? What do you do that makes you feel better whenever you are upset?

When I woke up after about 10 hours of sleep, I said to myself, "It's just an iPad so chill"; But in all honesty I am still a little upset.



5 comments:

  1. Yaaaay!!first to comment on your blog!sorry about your ipad dear :(..love the write up!can't wait to read more *excited*

    Ps:I think I listen to music when I'm upset(I'm nt really sure what I do)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol_ luvly write up I must commend... Great Job... I'm surprise dt u find sleep weneva ure upset tho_ dts gud 4 u...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot. Yea, sleep comes in handy whenever I am REALLY upset and there's a bed:)

      Delete
  3. Music and sleep mostly. Sometimes watching movies help too. ~BDQ

    ReplyDelete